Job Title: OFFICE MANAGER
The Office Manager will organise and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
Energetic professional who doesn’t mind multi-tasking. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Main contact person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT support for all office equipment
- Provide general support to Directors/Managers
- Manage office schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organised, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal and retrieval
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of stationary procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist in the evaluation and management of staff performance
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Coach, mentor and discipline office staff
- Design and implement filing systems
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Design and implement office policies and procedures
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- Analyse and monitor internal processes
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Manage internal staff relations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
Key Performance measured by proficiency in:
Analysis and Assessment
Planning and Organization
Attention to Detail
A tertiary qualification in office administration, although not compulsory would be an advantage.
Recent and relevant work in a similar role is important. Demonstrated proficiency will be assessed; this may include tests in computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAGE, and design applications).
Salary range: to 50K dependent on experience, negotiable after 3 months trial.
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line “Office Manager 2701”
*Please read the job description carefully, your CV should address all of the criteria. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Soliciting or canvassing management or staff of Organix Limited will exclude the prospective applicant from selection.